As part of our mission to promote the use of digital fabrication in journalism, the Batjo team can be booked for a personalized a workshop at your newsroom.
Book us for one or more in-person workshop sessions.
The workshop may be focused on things like:
- Personalized step-by-step assistance in reproducing one of the physical data installations included in Batjo’s cookbook, with a data set of choice
- Demos of the Batjo’s cookbook and its content
- Guided brainstorming session on how to design your first physical data installation
- In depth demos and training on specific (open source) digital fabrication tools and techniques.
- Specialist counseling on how to set up your own digital fabrication lab, including safety precautions and tips on what to buy
- Fast-track sessions on how to prepare data for a specific digital fabrication project
Once you get in touch, you will be able to discuss the format, duration, desired output and level of expertise.
We are open to the idea of contributing our time to projects with a high social value which can’t afford to pay for our training.
Unfortunately, we can offer to do so only for a limited number of times throughout the year, depending on our financial and time management contraints. If you believe you are working on a high-impact projcect that could benefit from our help, but don’t have the budget, get in touch anyway and we’ll consider your proposal. Make sure to specify that you are looking for a free consultancy and include also any information you think might help us evaluate your case: are you a no-profit? do you have an established curriculum of impactful work? what communities do you serve? and anything else you deem important for our decision.